The candidates are:
Titus Daniels is a native of western Kansas. After graduating from the University of Kansas School of Medicine, he moved to Nashville to pursue training in infectious diseases at Vanderbilt University. He then joined the Vanderbilt faculty and presently serves as associate professor and vice chair for clinical affairs in the Department of Medicine. He has been a 12South homeowner for several years and wants to support the development of 12South as a desirable neighborhood for both residents and business owners. Titus and his husband, Will, live on Caruthers Avenue; they enjoy Nashville’s vibrant performing arts scene and terrific restaurants.
Steve Wernke is a native of Iowa who moved to Nashville to join the Department of Anthropology at Vanderbilt in 2006. He, his wife Tiffiny, and their daughter Livia have been residents of Halcyon since 2011. They moved from the Wedgewood Houston neighborhood, where they had been active members of their neighborhood association. Steve is an Associate Professor of Anthropology, an avid biker and an enthusiastic supporter of the Waverly-Belmont School PTO. He and his family especially enjoy Sevier Park and the great restaurants on 12South.
Board Member Elections to be held on Tuesday October 14, 2014:
- Election will be held at the Sevier Park Community Center on Tuesday October 14, 2014. Doors will be open to vote between 5:30 p.m. and 7:15 p.m. There will be a brief candidate introduction beginning at 6:00 pm followed by a neighborhood meeting at 6:30.
- Board members serve terms of two consecutive years, term for newly elected board members is 2014 – 2016.
- To vote, you must join the Neighborhood Association for 2014. Here is how:
- You must live, own property or rent property in 12 South to be a member. See attached Exhibit A for boundary details.
- Pay $10 per person (or $5 per person 65 years and older), either by:
- bringing a check, cash or debit/credit card with information above to the registration table election night.
- Online via the 12South Neighborhood Association website, https://12south.org/
- Ballots will be issued to each registered member between 5:30 p.m. and 7:15 p.m
- The election committee will count votes immediately following the election.
Dues collected are contributed to the operating expenses incurred by the 12 South Neighborhood Association.
For further questions, please contact any of the current board members:
- Paula D. Foster email@example.com
- Bonnie Dow firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bo Spessard email@example.com
- Todd McEachern firstname.lastname@example.org
- Catharine Newman email@example.com
- Gordon Moffat firstname.lastname@example.org
12South Board of Directors